Are You Uncertain about the Future—Or Thankful for New Business Opportunities?
With so much turmoil going on in 2016, it’s not surprising that we feel thankful that election season has reached its conclusion. While some people may be eager to get back to the routines of daily life, others are anxious about what changes the coming years may hold. Here’s a little perspective and some encouragement if you are uncertain about whether this is a good time to start a business—along with some tips for cultivating an attitude of gratitude.
There Is No Such Thing as “Business as Usual”
There never has been, and that’s OK. The fact is that our culture, technology, and the economy are always in flux—and change is happening more rapidly than ever. While it may seem like a big risk to start a business during such tumultuous times, it’s actually a perfect opportunity. Being a business owner is a shift toward greater self-reliance. When you have more control over your own career, it is easier to cope with unexpected change. With a franchise model, you still have support for your business so you don’t have to start from scratch or go it alone.
Select Sectors Are Ripe for Expansion
To be clear, this is NOT the perfect time to start just any business. It’s critical to identify sectors and target demographics that are trending upward. For example, the service industry with a focus on senior customers is a rapidly growing market. Health and wellness in general is at the top of consumers’ minds, and convenience is another big selling point.
There is no shortage of potential for local businesses to start strong and grow at a vigorous pace. At FranNet DFW, we work diligently to identify and partner with franchises that are proven and poised for growth. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the process. Here’s a peek at what the outcome can be like when a business owner gets the right advice from the beginning.
Top Reasons Our Clients Are Thankful They Started a Business
- They have more ownership of their future
- They enjoy greater flexibility in their schedule
- They can take vacations and pursue other interests
- They can align their daily work with their skills, talents, and passions
- They get to stop traveling for work all the time
- They feel good about building wealth for now and for coming generations
Are You Ready to Get Your Head in the Game?
While we are certainly optimistic about the future, we recognize that starting a business is not a simple proposition. It takes determination and plenty of soul searching. But going into the process is easier when you approach it with an upbeat outlook. The quickest way to give your attitude a boost is to take positive actions. In that spirit, here are five quick ways to show your gratitude this Thanksgiving season.
1. Leave a positive review online for a local business that you patronize
2. Surprise your employees or coworkers by bringing coffee or lunch to the office
3. Leave a box of treats on a neighbor’s doorstep
4. Choose to share only words of optimism and compassion on social media for a week
5. Take time to handwrite a thank you note to someone who has helped you in your career this year
Our Thanks to You…
At FranNet DFW, we are thankful for all the clients who have allowed us to be part of their journey to successful business ownership. We are always happy to provide free education, so give us a call at (817) 519-3952 to schedule a workshop or presentation for the folks you know who could use guidance in determining if franchising is right for them.